As an eligible participant in the 4th District IBEW Health Fund, you and your family are covered by a comprehensive benefits package designed to give you peace of mind when it comes to your health care.
The 4th District IBEW Health Fund complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. The 4th District IBEW Health Fund does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. Read our full Non-Discrimination Notice.
- If you are a regular, active member, your medical plan is either the Building Trades Plan (also known as the Comprehensive Major Medical Plan), or the Flexible Choice Plan based on the contribution paid by your employer as required by your collective bargaining agreement.
- If you are in the CW/CE bargaining unit classification, your medical plan is the Flexible Choice Plan.
- If you are a Greenbrier employee, your medical plan is the Greenbrier Medical Plan.
- The medical plans provide discounts for services received from PPO providers.
- The calendar year deductible, coinsurance, and other coverage amounts differ by plan. See each plan’s Summary of Benefits for details.
- All medical plans include Innovative Healthcare Delivery’s (IHD) Transition Care Program and Care Assist Program. These programs are for participants who are scheduled for an outpatient procedure or have been admitted to the hospital. This benefit helps you navigate the health care system and stay healthy to avoid hospital readmission.
- Administered by Sav-Rx.
- Benefits are only payable for prescriptions filled at pharmacies that participate in the Sav-Rx network.
- The mail order program can save you money because you may receive a longer supply of your medication for less than you would through the retail program.
- Be sure to check if your pharmacy is part of the Sav-Rx network (Note: Not all chain pharmacy locations participate, including Walmart, Sam’s Club, and certain Rite-Aid locations).
- You choose the dentist you want to use.
- The Plan pays 100% for most preventive care.
- Once you meet the deductible, the Plan pay a percentage of most non-preventive services, up to the annual maximum per person.
- Administered by VSP.
- You can visit any vision care provider.
- Benefits are greater when you use a VSP provider.
- The HRA is an account that helps you pay for eligible health care expenses not covered by the Plan.
- A convenient HRA debit card makes the reimbursement process almost paperless.
- In the event you cannot work due to an extended illness or injury, this benefits provides income protection.
- This coverage provides a benefit to you or your family in the event of a severe accident or your death.
- MAP counselors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Meet with a MAP counselor for up to five sessions, free of charge.
- Professional and confidential counseling services to help you handle personal and/or work concerns.