VSP Vision Care
The Fund provides vision care benefits for you and your family through an arrangement with VSP. You receive discounted services and better coverage when you use a VSP provider.
As shown in the chart below, when you use a VSP provider, your annual eye exam is covered in full and you will pay discounted amounts for lenses, frames and contact lenses.
If a non-VSP provider performs your eye exam, the exam is covered up to $30. For vision services and supplies not covered under this plan, you may submit a claim for reimbursement through your Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA).
Schedule of Benefits
|VSP Provider||Non-VSP Provider|
Once Every Calendar Year
|Fund pays 100%||Fund pays up to $30.00|
|Glasses and Sunglasses||You receive 20% savings on complete pair of prescription glasses and sunglasses, including lens enhancements, from any VSP provider within 12 months from your last WellVision Exam.||N/A|
|Contacts||You receive 15% savings on a contact lens exam (fitting and evaluation)||N/A|
To locate a participating VSP provider, visit vsp.com or call 800-877-7195.
How the Vision Benefit Works
Using your vision plan is easy. Here’s what you need to do:
- Register at vsp.com by clicking on the “Register” link at the top of the page. As a registered user, you can review your benefit coverage, search for a provider and print an ID card.
- Find an eyecare provider. Choose a VSP doctor, a participating retail chain, or any out-of-network provider. To find a VSP provider, visit vsp.com or call 800-877-7195.
- Tell your provider you have VSP. There’s no ID card necessary; however, registered users can print one from vsp.com.
If you are not eligible for benefits at the time you receive services, or in the event that the desired service is not covered under the Plan, you must contact the Fund’s Administrative Office for additional information regarding the adverse benefit decision.
More about the Notice of the Adverse Benefit Determination
The Fund’s Administrative Office will provide you with a “Notice of the Adverse Benefit Determination,” in writing, that contains the following:
- The specific reasons for the adverse benefit determination;
- The specific reference to the Plan and/or Summary Plan Description provisions on which the adverse benefit determination was based;
- A description of any additional materials or information necessary for you to perfect your claim and an explanation of why such material or information is necessary;
- The notice of any internal guidelines or protocols used in making the decision, if applicable, and your right to receive a copy;
- A notice of your right to a written explanation of any exclusion which affects your claim; and
- A description of the Plan’s appeals procedure.
Laser Vision Correction
With VSP you’ll receive an average of 15% off the regular price or 5% off the promotional price. This discount is only available from contracted facilities. To find a provider and schedule a pre-operative exam to determine if laser vision correction is right for you, visit vsp.com or call 800-877-7195.